Motherwell Automation is a stable but growing Perth-based company with a 35-year history in the design, supply and support of Industrial Automation, Control and IT solutions. The engineering capability of Motherwell Automation comprises multi-discipline roles including Project Management, Electrical & Control Engineering, SCADA Engineering, Systems Engineering with Commissioning and post project support. This expertise is applied to a variety of industries, primarily in the Mining, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Utilities and Material Handling sectors. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to participate in this dynamic, diverse and expanding engineering group. About the position
This position primarily based in Motherwell’s Perth office, may require secondment to Client team offices, also in Perth and will require travel to and from client sites for installation, commissioning and support engineering roles. These Systems Engineering and Senior Systems Engineering positions have been created as a consequence of the continued growth of the organization. In either role you will be a key member of the engineering team, providing automation and control systems designs, programming PLC, HMI and SCADA systems, supervising installation and then commissioning to the customer's satisfaction. Specific responsibilities include:
The successful applicants for either role will be required to show a suitable level of capability and evidence of:
- PLC software design & implementation
- HMI software design & implementation
- Vendor equipment communication interfaces
- Project Documentation
- On-site installation, testing & commissioning
- Post project support
The suitable successful applicant could enjoy:
- Bachelor in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer Systems or Software)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an Engineer or minimum of 8 years for Senior Engineering role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level PC skills.
- Programming experience in a leading PLC is essential
- Programming experience in SCADA systems is highly desirable.
- Networking + Communications (Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus/ProfiNet, DeviceNet) is an advantage
- Other software skills in VB, and Databases is equally sought after.
- Industry experience in Mining, Gas/PetroChem, Power Generation, Utilities or Food & Beverage, would be an advantage
- Highly motivated with a focus on customer service
- Proven Team Leader capability for a Senior role
- Excellent oral / written communication skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Career progression into a Senior Engineering role, Lead Engineering or Project Management role.
- An attractive remuneration package.
- Relocation assistance if required