Honeywell’s XYR 6000 OneWireless™ Temperature Transmitters offer exceptional accuracy in temperature measurements. The temperature transmitters support a variety of input options to address different user needs and can be used with measurement devices that have hazard location approval to make a wireless measurement while retaining the Intrinsic Safety rating.
What Is It?
The XYR 6000 Temperature Transmitter family includes:
- XYR 6000 Temperature/Discrete Input Transmitters: Support up to three temperature and/or discrete inputs and can be used to convert any thermocouple, milli-volt, RTD or dry contact input such as limit level switches into a wireless input
- XYR 6000 Universal I/O Transmitters: Enable users to bring in high level analog inputs, thermocouple, milli-volt and discrete contact closure inputs wirelessly into their control systems
The temperature transmitters can simultaneously support an integral probe and external inputs, including a combination of thermocouple, RTD and discrete inputs. When the integral probe is a thermocouple, two external thermocouples or one external RTD can be wired to the temperature transmitters. An external thermocouple or an external RTD can be wired to these wireless transmitters when the integral probe is an RTD.
How Does It Work?
XYR 6000 Temperature Transmitters measure the analog signal from temperature sensors, discrete inputs, milli-volt values or ohm values and transmit a digital output signal proportional to the measured value for direct digital communications with systems. The discrete input channels support voltage-free floating contacts.
The output signal is transmitted to a gateway or to multiple communication nodes. These nodes wirelessly intercommunicate, forming a managed, secure and redundant network. A gateway, device manager or security manager is used to connect the XYR 6000 field devices to the backbone structure to bring the data into the control system.
The XYR 6000 Temperature Transmitters are furnished with an ISA100.11a-compliant wireless interface to operate in a compatible distributed ISA100.11a wireless system.
What Problems Does It Solve?
Honeywell’s Temperature/Discrete Input Transmitters enable users to convert existing measurement devices into wireless solutions without needing to replace the equipment. These wireless transmitters enhance the flexibility of monitoring applications, thereby improving process efficiency and saving costs.
- Thermal Industry Brochure Sep 2013
- Honeywell OneWireless XYR 6000 Wireless Transmitter
- Honeywell Network and Field Instrumentation Wireless Brochure
- ST 3000 pressure and STT 3000 temperature transmitter brochure
- X Series Application Note 22, 43-TV-07-22
- XYR 6000 Wireless Transmitters_34-XY-33-03
- OneWireless XYR 6000 Transmitters Quick Start Guide 34-XY-25-21
- XYR6000 Wireless Transmitters, Temperature Transmitter Series 400 (STTW400), 34-XY-16-46-Issue 24
- XYR6000 Wireless Temperature/Discrete Input Transmitter - Series 400, 34-XY-16-46
- XYR 6000 Wireless Temperature Transmitter Specifications, 34-XY-03-29
XYR 6000 High Level Analog Input Transmitter
Honeywell’s XYR 6000 High Level Analog Input Transmitter accepts a current or voltage inputLearn More
XYR 6000 Universal I/O
The XYR 6000 Universal I/O Transmitters enable users to bring in high level analogLearn More
XYR 6000 Position Sensor
The XYR 6000 Position Sensor allows remote, reliable position monitoring in a variety ofLearn More
XYR 6000 Pressure
Honeywell’s XYR 6000 wireless transmitters provide accurate and reliable measurements of absolute, differential andLearn More
XYR 6000 Discrete I/O
Honeywell’s XYR 6000 Discrete Input Transmitter – STXW500 – can be used to convertLearn More