Honeywell’s XYR 6000 Discrete Input Transmitter – STXW500 – can be used to convert any dry contact input such as limit level switches into a wireless input, enabling users to reduce costs and improve efficiency by wirelessly monitoring more processes at their plants. It is ideal for applications such as wirelessly monitoring level switches, pump status and system alarms.
What Is It?
The XYR 6000 Discrete Input Transmitter family includes:
- XYR 6000 Multi Discrete Input Transmitter – STXW500 supports up to three discrete inputs, converting any dry contact input such as limit level switches into a wireless input
- XYR 6000 Temperature/Discrete Input Transmitters: STTW401 supports up to three temperature and/or discrete inputs and can be used to convert any thermocouple, milli-volt, RTD or dry contact input such as limit level switches into a wireless input
- XYR 6000 Universal I/O Transmitters –STUW700/701 enables users to bring in discrete contact closure inputs, thermocouple, milli-volt and high level analog inputs wirelessly into their control systems
The ISA100 – ready transmitter supports up to three discrete inputs and can be used with measurement devices that have hazard location approval to make a wireless measurement while retaining the intrinsic safety rating.
How Does It Work?
XYR 6000 wireless transmitters send information to a multinode or series of multinodes creating a MESH infrastructure. Wireless System Gateways (WSG) provide the path to bring that information into Experion PKS or any other control system wirelessly via OPC client or Modbus/TCP. Each multinode accepts signals from up to 20 wireless transmitters reporting at 1 second, and up to 200 transmitters reporting at slower rates. Up to 20 multinodes can be implemented in the same infrastructure.
Integration with Experion PKS and other control systems provides local measurement accuracy to the system level without the typical analog-to-digital (A/D) and digital-to-analog (D/A) converter inaccuracies. The transmitter provides comprehensive self-diagnostics to help users maintain high uptime, meet regulatory requirements, and attain high quality standards.
What Problems Does It Solve?
The XYR 6000 Discrete Input Wireless Transmitter provides superior performance at a dramatically reduced installed cost. Accurate, reliable and stable, the transmitter offers a greater turndown ratio than conventional transmitters, reducing the number of transmitters that must be stocked. Users benefit from improved process efficiency and enhanced flexibility in monitoring applications.
- Thermal Industry Brochure Sep 2013
- Honeywell OneWireless XYR 6000 Wireless Transmitter
- Honeywell Network and Field Instrumentation Wireless Brochure
- ST 3000 pressure and STT 3000 temperature transmitter brochure
- X Series Application Note 22, 43-TV-07-22
- OneWireless XYR 6000 Transmitters Quick Start Guide 34-XY-25-21
- XYR6000 Wireless Transmitter, Multi Discrete Input Transmitter Series 500, 34-XY-16-57-Issue 16
- XYR 6000 Wireless Transmitter, Multi Discrete Input Transmitter Series 500, 34-XY-16-57-Issue-15
- XYR6000 Wireless Temperature/Discrete Input Transmitter - Series 400, 34-XY-16-46
- XYR 6000 Wireless Temperature Transmitter Specifications, 34-XY-03-29
XYR 6000 Temperature Transmitters
Honeywell’s XYR 6000 OneWireless™ Temperature Transmitters offer exceptional accuracy in temperature measurements. The temperatureLearn More
XYR 6000 High Level Analog Input Transmitter
Honeywell’s XYR 6000 High Level Analog Input Transmitter accepts a current or voltage inputLearn More
XYR 6000 Universal I/O
The XYR 6000 Universal I/O Transmitters enable users to bring in high level analogLearn More
XYR 6000 Position Sensor
The XYR 6000 Position Sensor allows remote, reliable position monitoring in a variety ofLearn More
XYR 6000 Pressure
Honeywell’s XYR 6000 wireless transmitters provide accurate and reliable measurements of absolute, differential andLearn More