Honeywell’s VersaFlow Vortex Shedding flow meters are ideal for measuring steam, gasses, volumetric flow rate and low viscosity liquids in industrial applications. With built-in temperature and optional built-in pressure compensation, the flow meters are the most versatile products in their category.
What Is It?
A market leading process measurement device, the VersaFlow Vortex Shedding flow meter is designed with steam and gas applications in mind. With built-in temperature compensation as a standard feature and optional integral pressure compensation, it is the first choice for saturated steam, superheated steam and compensated gas flow measurement. The flow meters ability to measure low viscosity liquids and volumetric flow rate makes it a great choice for water or condensate measurement.
The VersaFlow Vortex Shedding flow meter is a two-wire design that is available in configurations for pipe line sizes from DN15 to DN100 (1/2” to 4”) in a wafer design and DN15 to DN300 (1/2” to 12”) in a flanged design.
How Does It Work?
The VersaFlow Vortex Shedding flow meter detects the vortices that are created by a process medium going past a bluff body. The frequency of these vortices can be equated into flow velocity, which, in turn, is used to calculate volumetric flow rate. The integral temperature sensor is used in saturated steam service to determine the operating conditions and specific volume of the steam being measured. The steam table incorporated into the electronics then calculates the flow or energy of the steam flowing through the meter. The optional pressure sensor can be used for similar calculations for gasses and superheated steam. Intelligent Signal Processing (ISP) provides stable readings, free of external influences.
What Problems Does It Solve?
VersaFlow Vortex Shedding flow meters are ideal replacements for traditional orifice plate/DP installations. With its wider measuring range and rugged design, the flow meter provides better accuracy and longer life in a cost-efficient two-wire installation. The flow meters ability to measure deal steam, gasses, volumetric flow rate and low viscosity liquids in industrial applications makes it the most versatile product in the category.
- VersaFlow Vortex Sizing Program Users Guide
- VersaFlow Universal Application Data Sheet for Input of Application Information
- VersaFlow Flowmeter Brochure
- Thermal Industry Brochure Sep 2013
- Field Products Brochure for Power Industry
- Field and process instrumentation and controller solutions for the pulp and paper industry brochure
- VersaFlow Vortex Flowmeter Spanish manual, 34-VF-25-06-ES
- VersaFlow Vortex Flowmeter German manual, 34-VF-25-06-DE
- VersaFlow Vortex Flowmeter manual, 34-VF-25-06
- VersaFlow Vortex 100 Flow Meter Specification, 34-VF-03-05