The Datakom DKG-105 automatic mains failure unit is a microprocessor based digital unit offering all functions needed for the automatic control of a genset. The unit fits into a standard 72x72mm panel meter opening and offers a very cost effective and space saving solution for the basic genset control.
- Automatic engine starting and stopping
- Gas engine support
- Automatic mains failure monitoring
- Automatic load transfer
- Automatic shutdown on fault condition
- Test mode available
- Survives cranking dropouts
- Digital engine run-hours display
- Provision for energize to stop, preheat & choke outputs
- Mains phases voltage limits checking
- Generator phase voltage limits checking
In automatic mode, the unit monitors 3 phases of the mains voltage and controls the automatic starting, stopping and load transfer of the generator. Once the generator is running, the device monitors the internal protections and external fault inputs.
The DKG-105 provides a full set of digitally adjustable timers and threshold levels. Also the relay configuration is programmable, enabling the control of various types of engines, including gasoline engines. The programs may be modified by the customer via pushbuttons on the unit and do not require an external unit.