Conductivity measurement devices determine conductivity, chemical concentration and salinity in a wide-range of processes.
Honeywell’s APT4000 Toroidal Conductivity Analyzer series meets the measurement needs of the power, chemical, food and dairy, pulp and paper, refinery, metals and other industries.
What Is It?
The APT2000TC series is a reliable, cost-effective solution that provides accurate conductivity measurement using Toroidal Cells.
Made of water and corrosion resistant materials, the APT4000 Conductivity Analyzer is designed to meet the measurement needs of intrinsically safe, non-incendive (Class 1, Division 2) and general purpose areas. Its quick response time, simple operator interface and a large front display, make it easy to use.
The conductivity analyzer has a universal power supply with one 4-20 mA output, two high/low alarm relays, a diagnostic relay, and a wash relay. A wide array of mounting options and accessories ensure easy installation.
How Does It Work?
The APT4000TC series continuously monitors sensor and analyzer-electronics and immediately displays diagnostic information. On detecting an error, the conductivity analyzer indicates the appropriate error code or pictograph, blinks a red LED and adjusts the error current to 22 mA if desired. The conductivity analyzer also offers manual loop-back check for integrity of 4-20 mA output.
The conductivity analyzer’s large front display employs visual feedback (easily recognizable pictograph-type characters) to alert operators during process changes and when problems occur. This enables quick recognition of process parameters and diagnostics even at a distance. It also reduces set up and maintenance times, minimizes calibration errors and makes troubleshooting easy. The Sensoface pictograph provides constant feedback to the operator on whether or not there is a problem with the cell.
What Problems Does It Solve?
Inaccurate or unreliable conductivity measurements can result in heavy loss or inefficient process. Honeywell’s APT4000TC analyzer helps users monitor conductivity in industrial processes cost-effectively. Easy to set up, use and maintain, the device ensures quick and highly accurate detection of anomalies in conductivity and prompts appropriate rectification measures.
- UDA2182 Series and APT Series Specification, 70-82-03-14
- Remote Analytical Measurements
- Improving Power Plant Efficiency and Extending Equipment Life
- Smart Sensors and Analytical Instruments Brochure
- Honeywell Solutions - Model 5000TC and APT4000
- Honeywell APT4000 Toroidal Conductivity Analyzer Users manual, 70-82-25-125
- Honeywell APT4000 Toroidal Conductivity Analyzer Users manual, 70-82-25-105
- Field Products Brochure for Power Industry
- Field and process instrumentation and controller solutions for the pulp and paper industry brochure
- APT4000 Series 4-Wire Toroidal Conductivity Transmitters Specification, 70-82-03-42