Conductivity measurement devices determine conductivity, resistivity and salinity in a wide-range of processes.
Honeywell’s APT4000 series of Contacting Conductivity (CC) Analyzers provide rapid and accurate measurements and is widely used in power, chemical, pulp and paper, and water quality industries.
What Is It?
The APT4000 conductivity analyzer works with a variety of Honeywell Contacting Conductivity cells for accuracy in a wide variety of process applications from high purity water measurement up to high conductivity for acid and base concentrations and can meet the measurement needs of Class I, Division 2 (non-incendive) and general-purpose areas.
An assortment of mounting options and accessories ensure easy installation, while its simple operator interface and large front display make it easy to use. The conductivity analyzer includes special software programs such as USP24 for online conductivity measurement of highly purified water or water-for-injection in the pharmaceutical industry.
How Does It Work?
The APT4000 conductivity analyzer series continuously monitors sensor and analyzer-electronics and immediately displays diagnostics when a problem occurs. It indicates the appropriate error code or pictograph, blinks a red LED and adjusts the error current to 22 mA if desired. A manual loop-back check is available to test the integrity of the 4-20 mA output.
The device’s large front display aids quick recognition of process parameters and diagnostics even at a distance. The contacting conductivity analyzer employs visual feedback (pictograph-type characters) that are easily recognized, that alert the operator during process changes and when problems occur. This reduces set up and maintenance times, minimizes calibration errors and makes troubleshooting easy.
What Problems Does It Solve?
Inaccurate or unreliable conductivity measurements can result in heavy loss or inefficient process. Honeywell’s APT4000 Contacting Conductivity Analyzer offers an easy-to-install and use, yet reliable, quick, accurate and cost-effective solution.
- UDA2182 Series and APT Series Specification, 70-82-03-14
- Remote Analytical Measurements
- Improving Power Plant Efficiency and Extending Equipment Life
- Field Products Brochure for Power Industry
- Smart Sensors and Analytical Instruments Brochure
- Honeywell APT4000 Contacting Conductivity Analyzer Users manual, 70-82-25-104
- Field and process instrumentation and controller solutions for the pulp and paper industry brochure
- APT2000 Series 2-Wire Contacting Conductivity Transmitters Specification, 70-82-03-33
- Analyzers and Transmitters: UDA2182, Direct Line 42x, APT2000/4000
- Analyzers Series APT4000 Analytical Process Transmitter, 51-52-16-73-Issue 16