Conductivity measurement can pose a challenge for complex processes where coating, fouling, corrosion or high temperatures and/ or pressures are a concern. The Honeywell 5000TC conductivity sensors are specifically designed for monitoring conductivity, chemical concentration or salinity in such difficult applications.
What Is It?
The Honeywell 5000TC toroidal (electrodeless) conductivity sensor measures the conductivity of solutions from 0.2 to 2000 millisiemens/cm. The sensors can be used for monitoring chemical concentration and salinity as well. The corrosion and fouling-resistant cells are available with a variety of mounting assemblies to ensure compatibility for applications in the chemical, food & dairy, refinery, pulp and paper, metal finishing and wastewater industries.
Available in two types of basic sensor forms – the convertible or sanitary style, these conductivity cells come in variety of material types including PEEK, PFA Teflon®, PVDF, and Polypropylene and a range of mounting options that meet diverse application needs. 5000TC toroidal conductivity cells minimize chemical compatibility issues and increase cell reliability.
How Does It Work?
The Honeywell 5000TC toroidal (inductive magnetic field cells) operate on a different principle than the traditional contacting electrode cell. The device sends an alternating current of known value through the primary coil which creates a magnetic field and induces a current in the process liquid. This in turn, induces a current in the pickup coil which is directly proportional to the conductivity of the liquid. These toroidal cells thus eliminate direct contact between the coils and the solution eliminating potential maintenance problems.
These cells come with a 1 ½” diameter bore which minimizes rough surfaces and flow impedance and a 1000Ω Platinum Resistance Temperature Detectors (RTDs) which ensures proper temperature compensation.
What Problems Does It Solve?
Monitoring and measuring conductivity for difficult applications is a cumbersome process. Inaccurate conductivity measurements can cause product contamination. The Honeywell 5000TC conductivity sensors eliminate these problems with a non-contacting (torodial) solution that measures conductivity and help users with reliable data even from complex applications. In addition, the non-contact feature ensures easy maintenance.
- Remote Analytical Measurements
- Field Products Brochure for Power Industry
- Smart Sensors and Analytical Instruments Brochure
- Field and process instrumentation and controller solutions for the pulp and paper industry brochure
- Improving Power Plant Efficiency and Extending Equipment Life
- 5000 Toroidal Conductivity Cells Specification, 70-82-57-09
- Honeywell 5000TC Toroidal Conductivity Cell Users manual, 70-82-25-98
- 5000TC Series Toroidal (Electrodeless) Conductivity Sensors Specification, 70-82-03-37
- Electrolytic Conductivity 5000TC Toroidal (Electrodeless) Conductivity Probe, 51-52-16-54-Issue 17
- Electrolytic Conductivity 5000TC Toroidal (Electrodeless) Conductivity Probe, 51-52-16-54