The Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) is bringing AI to new frontiers in industrial applications. To reduce latency, lower data communication and storage costs, and increase network availability, businesses are moving AI capabilities from the cloud to the edge. In outdoor and harsh conditions that are typical of sectors such as mining, oil and gas, smart cites and utilities, implementing AIoT technologies in real-word applications poses many challenges, including size, power and environmental constraints.
Moxa’s newly launched MC-1220 Series rugged edge computers feature high-performance Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processor and multiple expansion interfaces. The expansion interfaces can incorporate hardware accelerators, such as VPUs, and support Intel® OpenVINO™ toolkit for AIoT application development. Designed based on Moxa’s extensive expertise in building rugged computing platforms, the computers can operate in a wide operating temperature range and are C1D2/ATEX Zone 2 certified for deployments in outdoor and hazardous environments. In addition, the ultra-compact fanless computers are one of the world’s smallest industrial computers that come with Intel® Core™ i7 processors, making it easy to fit them in small cabinets at field sites.
In remote applications, wireless connectivity is required for continuous communications with the control center. MC-1220 Series computers support multiple Wi-Fi / cellular connectivity options, eliminating the need for an additional wireless gateway, thereby saving cost and space. Furthermore, the computing platform features TPM 2.0 technology for enhanced hardware security.
With a combination of high-performance, rugged design, compact size, wireless connectivity and enhanced security, the MC-1220 Series is ideal for mission-critical, heavy-duty edge computing applications that can fuel the AIoT era.
Features & Benefits
- Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 or Intel® Celeron® high-performance processor
- Supports up to 32 GB RAM
- Fanless design with metal housing and certified for C1D2, ATEX and IECEx Zone 2
- Built-in TPM 2.0 module to provide hardware-based security
- Supported OS: Windows 10 IoT 2019, Linux Debian 9
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet, 2 serial and 3 USB 3.0 ports
- 2 mPCIe wireless expansion slots for Wi-Fi and LTE with 4 SIM slots
- 1 HDMI output (4K resolution)
- Compact form factor of 134 x 60.4 x 120 mm (5.28 x 2.38 x 4.72 in) and DIN-rail mountable
- (-40 to 158°F) wide operating temperature range
For more information please contact email@example.com