Honeywell ControlEdge RTU is a powerful, modular and scalable controller capable of all remote automation and control applications.
With Honeywell’s ControlEdge RTU process controller, users will have an edge into realizing the best utilization of their distributed assets through efficient remote monitoring, diagnostic and asset management capabilities.
The RTU is designed to withstand harsh environments and for easy deployment at remote sites. It also allows remote maintenance, thereby reducing the need to travel to the field. This solution offers a unique combination of capabilities:
- Operates in harsh environments with low power consumption – ideal for remote installation and operation on solar power
- Increased availability through native controller redundancy – no switch required for I/O communication
- Hart-enabled onboard I/O and expansion I/O modules
- Removable and plug-in terminal blocks simplify wiring and reduce time for cabinet assembly
- A new onboard wireless I/O solution– no specialized modules needed to integrate ISA100 instruments. Both wired and wireless I/O devices are programmed and managed with same configuration tool.
- Built-in HART I/O, and ISA100 field instrument integration with Field Device manager
- Efficient remote management across hundreds to thousands of RTUs Reduce equipment monitoring and diagnostic time from hours to minutes.
- Electronic Flow Metering (EFM) capability for both gas and liquids per API 21.1 and 21.2
- Compatible with ControlEdge builder configuration tool for design, configuration, and programming
- Removable plug-in terminal blocks simplify wiring and cabinet assembly
- Supports TCP/IP, ARP, UDP, ICMP, DHCP, Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU or ASCII, Enron Modbus, DNP3 TCP and HART-IP communications protocols
- Suitable for temperature ranges -40°C to 75°C
How Does It Work?
ControlEdge Builder is the RTU’s integrated tool for designing, configuring, programming and maintaining the unit. It is compliant with IEC 61131-3 and supports languages such as Ladder Diagram (LD), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Structured Text (ST) and Sequential Function Chart (SFC).
ControlEdge RTU offers flexible communication, thereby allowing deployment in a wide variety of existing or new network types. Two features that really differentiate RTUs from PLCs are communications capability and with that, data logging and history backfill. Users can locally store critical data during a communication outage or a period of very low bandwidth, allowing recovery of data at a later time.
What Problems Does It Solve?
Honeywell’s RTU helps facilities effectively manage complex remote automation and control applications while converting data from complex automation systems into relevant, actionable information. This solution meets multi-well needs in the oil and gas field where additional I/O modules are required. The ControlEdge RTU reduces travel to the field, and reduces equipment monitoring and diagnostic time from hours to minutes.
Typical oil and gas applications include:
- Well-head monitoring & control
- Data concentrator
- Gas flow metering
- Block-valve automation
- Pump and compressor control
- Gas stations.